Consumer Law Attorney | Clearwater | Dunedin | Palm Harbor
If you or a loved one has been a victim of unfair business practices in Clearwater, Dunedin or Palm Harbor area, call Sylvia White, Consumer Law Attorney, to set up a consultation today.
What is Consumer Law?
It is covers a wide range of topics and is designed to ensure consumer rights are implemented and maintained in the marketplace. For example, making sure companies disclose safety and health product warnings. They also regulate defective products, which are product characteristics that obstruct the product’s purpose of use or anything that makes the product unsafe. For example, if a car has a safety defect and someone becomes injured as a direct result of the defect.
If you are a consumer, the consumer protection laws are relevant to you. They embody your rights, safety and privacy by preventing fraud and unfair business practices.
Consumer Protection Laws:
- Privacy rights: in this day in age where virtually anything can be shared with a click of a button, it is imperative we make sure our privacy is protected, especially from companies aggressively seeking personal information for commercial and competitive advantage.
- Unfair business practices: there are various types of unfair business practices consumer laws aim to govern, including breach of warranties and businesses deceptively misleading and coercing consumers into making purchase decisions with tactics such as false advertising.
- Product Liability: is a consumer law where the manufacturers, distributors, resellers, suppliers, etc. are held liable for any injuries/harm caused by their products. For example, a manufacturing defect, a marketing defect or a design defect.
- Misrepresentation: there are three major types: a) negligent misrepresentation, which happens when a business does not take any preventative measures to back their claims, b) innocent misrepresentation, which happens when the company actually has reasonable belief to assume their claims true and c) fraudulent misrepresentation, which occurs when a company has intentions of deceit.
- Fraud: is usually executed through financial means such as your mortgage, and includes scams such as unfair billing and hidden fees.
- Debt collection fraud: occurs when debt collectors are overly aggressive. These collectors are required to follow certain guidelines and restrictions regarding when they are allowed to call and what tactics they are allowed to use. Being in debt does not mean you should be harassed.
If you feel you have a case based on any of the above protection laws, call Sylvia White at 727-735-0645
to speak with a Consumer Law Attorney in the Clearwater, Dunedin and Palm Harbor area today.
Consumer Protection Agency:
There are a number of Consumer Protection Agencies and government regulation systems to help regulate fair trade competition and honest market information. These organizations aim to preserve consumers’ rights against companies using fraud or unfair practices.
Two of the most well-known organizations are the:
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): is an independent government agency that regulates anti-competitive practices among businesses, such as monopoly, with anti-trust laws.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB): promotes consumer rights and protection. They are not associated with the government; they area a self-regulated, non-profit organization that can find reliable, free reviews for credible while also making the public aware of scam and fraud businesses.
How a Consumer Law Attorney Can Help You:
Many people do not even realize their rights are being violated. If you have been, or suspect you have been, the victim of fraud, misrepresentation, or other unfair business practices, you need an aggressive Consumer Law Attorney. Because it is definitely not the most common area of law practice, you need to make sure you hire an experience lawyer well-versed in the Florida Consumer Protect Laws.
You may be reimbursed for damages, medical bills and expenses, lost wages, and, in cases of Wrongful Death, funeral costs. To speak with Sylvia White, Consumer Law Attorney of the Clearwater, Palm Harbor and Dunedin area today, call to set up a consultation.